How To Have Beautiful Hair
There are many forces that can make your hair look limp, dreary and unhealthy. From sun, chlorine and blow dryers to an unhealthy diet, any number of hazards can work against you to damage your hair. Fortunately, whether your hair is long or short, straight or curly, thick or baby-fine, there are certain practices that will help keep it looking its best.
1. Regular shampooing -- When you massage your scalp as you shampoo, it stimulates the oil glands to work more efficiently and brings natural oils into the hair, promoting bounce and shine.
2. The right products for your hair -- Use a shampoo that is pH balanced and that is formulated for your hair type. Conditioner should be nourishing but not heavy. Rinse with cool water for extra shine.
3. Proper hair care -- Never brush wet hair, which can lead to breakage; instead, use a wide tooth comb after you shampoo and save the brush for later. The tried-and-true “100 stokes a night” really is a good way to bring out the shine in your hair.
4. Protect your hair from damage -- Using a blow dryer, curling iron, hot rollers or straightening iron every day can take a toll on your hair. Use a shampoo and conditioner designed to protect your hair from these everyday assaults. Coloring, perming and relaxing your hair can also strip it of essential moisture and nutrients.
5. A healthy diet -- What you eat is reflected in the state of your hair. A hair-healthy diet includes a wide variety of foods, including lots of fruits and vegetables, and plenty of water. A daily multivitamin will ensure that your hair is getting all the nutritional support it needs. Stay away from processed foods, alcohol and cigarettes.
Our Make-up and Skin Care consultant, Katrina VanDoran, answers makeup and skincare questions sent in by readers just like you.
Articles and Newsletters are Available For Syndication: CREDIT BYLINE: Article written by Katrina VanDoran, Editor of Make-up USA Newsletter: http://www.make-upusa.com. Ms. VanDoran is a top makeup artist at her Spa in Brussels, Belgium. She predominantly uses Bren New York Cosmetics and Skin Care products in her Spa. Make-up USA © All Rights Reserved.